Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Missing Pax

Last week my mom came to town and took Paxton back with her. He got sick awhile back, and became pretty clingy after that. Justin thought a good dose of Papa and Grammie time would cure that (which sounds like it has). I knew I was going to have a busy week of painting and cleaning, so I was all in favor of a break too. I can't believe how chill it is to just have 1 child at home, I'm sure all you moms out there with 4 are thinking the same thing about having just 2 kids. I'm not complaining, Paxton is a great kid, it's just so much busier with 2. Kaybri has been exceptionally good this week too. I don't know if I just have more patience, if she just needed some one on one time, or if she just is lacking her partner in crime, but things have been so different with her this week. We have been back and forth potty training Kaybri for who knows how long. She would go on the toilet ever since she was 20 months old, and she is now almost 3 1/2 years, she just will never tell me she needs to go until after the fact. We have been hitting it really hard the past few weeks and she's still pretty much the same, halfway trained. Paxton on the other hand became all interested in the process, so I began taking him too. It seemed like we spent our entire days in the bathroom, so I kind of put Paxton off and didn't take him as often so we could for sure get Kaybri done. My mom said to send some pull-ups down with her and that she would keep taking Paxton to the bathroom. Well, he is pretty much potty-trained now (at least more than Kaybri)! I guess I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I should send Kaybri to my mom's too?! I think potty-training is #1 on my "hate" list.

Anyway, I miss my little guy. He sounds so cute on the phone and like he is having a fun time out in the country. We get to see him in 2 more days! I love this picture of him. He has a toothpick in his mouth, trying to be like his daddy.

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

He is so darling, I am impressed with the potty training can I send my kids to your mom's so she can train them?

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Alone time is the best with kids. Their whole attitude and personality seem to be better when they know they have your attention. I'm so sorry about you little girl. I hope you figure out what is causing the seizures. And I know Jarom lives here but if you ever need a place to stay we have an extra room!

Bec said...

I am TERRIFIED of having two kids! Absolutely terrified! I love James more than I ever would have imagined, and he is wonderful and sweet and funny and not a pain-in-the-butt at all (generally), but TWO! Ugh.

So I totally understand your sentiments.

Paxton is a super-stud, I tell you. He's adorable with the toothpick in his mouth... and wow- he's growing up fast! :) Love it.

Also, ask your mom if she wants to come up here in a year and potty train MY son! lol. But seriously...

Meghan said...

Paxton's eyes are so stinkin beautiful! I am glad that you were able to get a small break and just be with Kaybri. It is good to do that every now and then. Gabe and I just went to Flagstaff with out the kids and it was such a nice break. I love my kiddos, but sometimes it is nice to have alone time, or just one.