Thursday, July 10, 2008

Little Firecrackers

Pax is back! My mom and dad came to celebrate the 4th with us and brought him back. He was so excited to see Kaybri and daddy, but took a little while to want to go to me. He kept wanting Grammie! What is up with that?!

Anyway, the boys went golfing early in the morning, and since we knew we would be spending the most of the day out in the sun, we decided to skip the parades this year. We had an excellent bbq that Stacie and Dave made, with lots of good company. It was a mini Animas reunion, so fun to catch up with old friends. I wish I would've taken some pictures!

Later that afternoon we let the kids play in their little pool over at Aunt JoJo's. Yes, my kids have swim suits, but they got left at our house. Paxton had a good time waving the hose around, and Kaybri had a good drink lapping up the water like a dog.

A little after 8 we headed out to go see the fireworks. On our way there, we saw a couple fireworks go off. We thought we were going to be early, but nope they had already started. I turned around to show Kaybri and Paxton the fireworks and noticed they had totally crashed out. So we ended up stopping on the side of the road and watching the fireworks from there. Overall, it was a fun but exhausting day!

3 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

What a fun day! Kaybri's dress is darling! I wish my girl's would let me do their hair as darling as her's.
We almost missed the fire works too. We had to pull over so we could see them.

Bec said...

I LOVE Kaybri's dress! How fun. Can I borrow it?? (I think it'd fit... if I sucked it in...lol) Really, though, very cute. And good job with the pretty hair ribbons.

It sounds like you had a great Independence Day. I'm glad it was "uneventful" if you know what I mean (good call on the sun-avoidance).

Love ya!

Amber H. said...

LOL! I think everyone I know either missed the fireworks or almost missed them because they started SO early this year! Seriously, the last two years we went at sunset (like the paper said) and we ended up sitting in the car for over an hour each time, so this year we thought we were smart and ended up missing them! Oops! Kaybri looks so cute, and I'm sorry, I had to laugh at Pax not wanting to go to you. I hope he's snapped out of it now though! We need to get together and play with you guys! It's been too long once again :o) Give us a call!