Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day!

I know we live where we get snow all the time, but very very rarely do we go out and play in it. I'm sad to say that Paxton has never gone out in the snow to just play. I have a lot of excuses for it though-- Last year Pax was just a tiny baby and couldn't go out, Kaybri always seems to get a cold after freezing in it, Kaybri's been having a lot of seizures already and I don't want to cause her to have another one by getting too cold, and well probably the most important reason...I just don't love it. I'm a mean mom I guess.
Justin had Monday off, we had 5-6 inches of new snow, and it was sunny outside, so we thought we better let the kids experience playing in the snow. They were all bundled up and walking out the door when Paxton face planted it on the porch. ouch! Luckily he had a fuzzy beanie to protect his forehead! He just stood in the snow for a little while, not sure if he should move. Once he decided he should go for it and run, he face planted again! This time he couldn't get up by himself though, all you could see was his little bum in the air! Justin picked him up and his whole head was covered in snow except for his eyes and mouth (which was screaming bloody murder). It was hilarious! Justin was nice and brushed him off before I could snap a picture, so all I got was the after-shot. He hated the snow for the next 10 minutes, but once we let him walk on the sidewalk and decide for himself when he should or shouldn't jump in the snow he liked it a lot. He actually threw a major fit when we brought him back in the house, so I guess we'll have to play again. As for Kaybri, she loves the snow too, but for different reasons. She loves to eat the "cold ice". She would just sit down in the snow and shove handfuls into her mouth. I know, probably not the best thing to let her eat, but I checked and it wasn't yellow!

The kids now have nasty colds, but we now have pictures and memories to last a lifetime!






6 comments:

Missy said...

I can't believe the kids haven't played in the snow yet! I'll have to admit that I'm usually not the one out there with the kids playing cuz I'm not a big fan of snow either. That pic of Paxton in the snow crying is so funny!

Tooele Brezoff said...

Aww your not a bad mom Nathan is older than Paxton and he has never played in the snow. Next year we will get boots for him and Natalie and then they can play. Natalie played a little last year but not at all this year.

Bec said...

The abominable snow-bum would have been a hilarious shot. (Darn Justin...) :) It's sweet to see how much you love your kids. It radiates. You guys are good parents.

Karli said...

Jared just called me about the exciting news! I can't wait to see you guys and am excited that the transition is happening so soon! HOORAY!

Amber H. said...

How funny! I am the same way...when it's cold outside I stay in. Yes, I'm mean too! So Cory was telling us you guys were applying to a job in Safford, did you get it? I keep waiting to hear! We'd love it if you guys came back...we could use some good hang out buddies! :o) We miss you guys!

happy mom said...

snow can be fun, but it is a lot of work to play in it. Good for you for getting out and doing it anyway!