Thursday, January 24, 2008

News from the doc

Kaybri's neurologist finally called back yesterday and basically told us we need to do some more tests. The video EEG in December showed that most of her seizures are coming from the left side of her brain. This still puts her as a "maybe" candidate for epileptic surgery. They had thought/hoped that her seizures were coming from her right side of the brain (where she originally had surgery for the cyst) because that would've explained why they couldn't see any abnormal brain tissue in that area on her MRIs. But since it's from the opposite side they looked back at her last MRI to look at the left side really good, but it turns out that there was some movement artifact on the MRI so they couldn't see it clear enough to say whether it is normal or abnormal. So, we are going to do a higher resolution MRI soon. If it shows abnormal then there is a higher probability that she will have surgery. She is now having an average of 4-5 seizures a week. Anyway, that is the update, so now I'll add some of the latest pictures to satisfy all your cravings!
Kaybri's totally fake laugh. She's trying to be funny, and of course we fell for it.
My little cutie pie has been such a whinner lately, it's driving me crazy! He's also learned to throw fits when he doesn't get what he wants. He falls to the floor and will begin to bang his head, I try not to laugh. Anyway, when I see these sweet pictures I forget all about the things that drive me crazy.

2 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

I love the pictures of your kids! They are so cute. Caleb has gotten really good at throwing fits also and I have to agree that its nice to have pictures of them happy to remind us that they really are cute!

happy mom said...

so you just get to continue with tests, that sounds not unusual for you guys, so I guess not much has changed huh. cute pictures, cute kids