Thursday, November 01, 2007

a Princess and her Puppy

Yesterday was a fantastic day! Kaybri has done pretty good the past couple of days, so we got to go trick or treating!!! This year was my first year for making a costume. When my mom came up to visit, I had her bring lots of the leftover tulle from past wedding decorations. We used it to make a princess-like costume. Most of you know, I'm not very crafty so it really was pretty easy, and I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Here is a picture in the beginning...
And here is a picture of it finished, minus the hat I made her (that she absolutely hated and would not wear) and her wand.Paxton got to be a puppy. He made the cutest puppy. Kaybri would point to him and say "dog" and he would reply back "woo woof". I tried and tried to get a full-body picture of him standing up, so you could see his cute tail, but he kept running towards the camera, so this is as good as it gets.
We went trick or treating to a lot of the businesses in downtown Tooele. At one of the businesses a big gorilla was passing out candy and as he reached out to give Kaybri some candy she got so scared and tried to run away. I have NEVER seen her scared of anything, so it was almost a relief to see that she is normal and gets frightened by big, scary gorillas! As we left the store, she kept looking behind her to make sure he wasn't following her. It became really busy downtown, so we went back to our neighborhood to finish up trick or treating there. It was so fun to see all of the neighborhood kids in their cool costumes. I think Halloween may be just as much fun for the parents as it is for all the kids, if not more.

Grandma Echols also came to Tooele to go trick or treating with us. What a treat!! The kids love seeing their grandma!


16 comments:

Bec said...

Aaaahhh! :) How fun! Your princess and her puppy are super cute. And good work on the costume-- it turned out great! Really, way to be domestic. Love ya!

Amber H. said...

How cute is that? I LOVE kaybri's hat! How did you do that? YOu need to put step by step instructions....my girls would be over the moon if I could make them something like that! Good job. And Paxton is the cutest little puppy ever! I have seen a lot of halloween pictures over the past few days on my friend's blogs, but your kids are one of the cutest I've seen! How fuN ;O)

Tooele Brezoff said...

We were leaving down town as we saw you crossing the street to start your trick or treating! I love Kaybri's costume!!! I kept telling Bryan look how cute is that! and the puppy was so darling! Dang cute kiddies!!

Brynn P. said...

Oh they looked sooooo cute! You did such a good job with Kaybri's costume!!
Hope she is still doing good. I'm glad to hear that!

Kara said...

Hey Echols Family!! So I don't know if you remember us or not, but it's Garrick and Kara Haymore from EA. Garrick and Justin played ball together. Anyway, I came across your blog somehow (I think it might have been from Allisons) and I just had to show Garrick your adorable family! You're kids are so darn cute! Looks like life is treating you all pretty well, it's so fun to be able to see what everybody's up to!

happy mom said...

wow, not very crafty and you pulled that off, I need pointers. really I am getting some dressup stuff together for my girls want to show me how you did that? They are both so cute!

I am so glad that she has been doing good too.

Anonymous said...

AWWW how cute are they their adorable and i am glad she is doin better

*Amy * said...

Yes we are expecting this spring. We are really excited! Your family is really cute, I love the Halloween costumes. Hope you guys are well and that your little girl is doing better. I will add your page on ours as a link if you don't mind. Take Care! Amy and Chris

Brynn P. said...

Alright you Myspace doesn't have a place for me to MESSAGE you. So give me your email and i will send you that recipe!!! yum yum~

Unknown said...

Hey of course we remember you guys! Your kids are so cute! Our boys are about the same age! I hope all continues to go well for Kaybri, she is a doll!

Missy said...

Found your blog through Brynn's! Hope you don't mind! I saw Kaybri on Halloween and thought she looked SO cute! I thought you bought the dress. It looks just like a Princess dress! Great job!
I'm glad Kaybri is doing so well too. It was good to see you in church.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Hey Justin! I just found your blog through Karli Tompkinson's. We hang out with Jared and Karli ALL the time. Anyway, I was so excited to see what has been happening in your life. You have such a cute little family. By the way if you are confused who this is my last name used to be Pearce. Does that ring a bell? Anyway, you should check out my blog... ourgunnellfamily@blogspot.com.

The Binghams said...

Hey Justin! It's crazy who's blog you'll come across! It's so neat to see your little family! Your kids are so cute! If you're confused who this is my last name used to be Rutherford and we went to EA for a little while together. How's Shawn? You can check out my blog at mjbingham@blogspot.com.

Jen said...

You did a great job on Kaybri's comstume! Your kids look adorable!

Dramatic Imaging said...

wow, look at what you made! Cute! how did you do this back ground? I love it! I am going to Utah this weekend to shoot a wedding but I dont have time to see anyone because it is so fast.....dang! Maybe next time? This spring?

Anonymous said...

this message will sound strange until you read it to Justin! ask him if he remembers having pistachio shells put down his harness right before he had to fly as peter pan?!?!? omigosh it's been so long since I've seen you, I think last time was at the Eager Days Softball Tournament like 5 years ago? Your kids are beautiful. How is your brother and Danae right? Well I hope you're doing good! Susanne