Friday, November 21, 2008

October Overload!

October was definitely the month for birthdays! My mom, dad, and Jarom and Mel's family came down one weekend and we decided to celebrate the birthdays for the month, which included Tristan, Paxton, me, and my dad. Let's face it though, the party was all about Pax! He turned 2 and he is the cutest, funnest little boy I know!
Some fun facts about him:

*Total obsession with being with his dad lately. He wants to go everywhere Justin goes, and often begs me to take him to go see dad at work.
*He loves trucks. He hates if he has to ride in a car if a truck is available. When he sees a truck he always says, "Daddy's truck" or "Cowy's (uncle cory) truck", followed by a very dramatic "Vroom vrooom!" This is also true for motorcycles, but followed with a "Tristan...vroom vroom"
*He has become a little bit of a bully, although I think he might be improving some as of late. He was constantly hitting or pushing someone for awhile though.
*Instead of walking or running, he gallops.
*He loves his sister and thinks everything she does is super cool.
*He learns new things everyday. The pronunciation of a lot of words still isn't that clear, but he is trying to put words into sentences.
* Some of my favorite words/sayings from him, "cool man!", "peace", "i love you", "hot dog" (from Mickey Mouse), "where's Kaybri" and "cuute" (haha, I think we tell Kaybri that too much)
*Although he is all boy and rough and tough, he is pretty tender-hearted and can get his feelings hurt much more than what we're used to with Kaybri. He gives great hugs that almost knock you over and kisses that usually HAVE to be on the lips. He is infatuated with babies, and has been for some time now, it's a good thing Joni had a baby! "I hold her" is another favorite line.


I don't know what was up with my camera that day, but almost all of the pictures I took turned out blurry. bummer!

Poor Lydi was traumatized that we were hitting Elmo, especially after he was decapitated. She kept saying, "Oh no, Elmo's broken."

If you remember from last year, Paxton burned his finger on his birthday candle. He is a year older now and much wiser I guess, because he didn't want to get too close to the candle this year. He did blow it out, but it took some coaxing (and some help from the wind).

The next day we all went to county fair. The kids loved the animals. Again my camera was retarded and all the pictures I took inside the exhibit buildings didn't turn out. Kaybri entered some art work into the fair with her class from preschool; we never found it, but it was sent home with her later and we saw that she won 2 red ribbons and earned $4! Good job Kaybri. Her teacher tells us that she loves to paint, probably because she never gets to at home. I guess I need to do more of that, I just hate what a mess it makes.

Who needs a double stroller, when you have a nice sister that lets you sit on top of her!? We also let the kids go on a ride before we headed home. We were going to put all the kids on this little train, but we ran into this sign......

The guy that was running the ride came over and said that Lydi and Pax needed an adult with them. We said they were 2 and then I took Pax over to the sign to measure him. He was just at the 36" mark. I didn't notice at first, but he was tippy-toeing on one foot because I had pushed his back up against the sign. My mom, Joni, Mel and everyone started giggling about it and pointing at him. For some reason this didn't settle well with the carny and he said that Pax couldn't go still. He let Kaybri and Lydi (who looks the same height, especially with Pax's fro) go and even a little girl that was WAY shorter than Paxton. The guy was kinda rude and Paxton was sad and didn't understand why he didn't get to go on the ride too, so we took him on a cooler ride- a race car! He loved it, even through the rain!

Another cool thing happened in October, Joni had her baby!! yay! We were so excited to meet little Trista. She is such a doll.

2 comments:

Lamar Echols said...

Awesome Post!! It looks like you guys are having way too much fun without us.

Unknown said...

How fun! Your kids are getting so big and cuter by the day. Sorry to hear about Kaybri. I know how you feel. But this diagnosis will help her get the services that she needs. By the way, I went private on my blog so email me your email address and I'll invite you guys. :)
pamperedkami@yahoo.com