Thursday, May 01, 2008

Preschool

When we lived in Utah, Kaybri participated in an Early Intervention Program and was in the process of transitioning over into preschool when we moved. They have a really good preschool program here and Kaybri was able to start in it yesterday. We've been meeting with them over the past month or so, and we were really excited that she qualifies for it. The main thing that she was behind in was speech, so she will get speech therapy 2x a week. All of the other tests she showed pretty borderline on. I think it will be good for her to get away from me and play and learn from some kids. She will probably love it! It is kinda sad to think that my little baby is already starting this whole school thing. She has a backpack, gets on a bus and everything. When I was telling my brother this, tears started welling up, I'm not ready for her to be big. It is definitely to benefit her though, I don't know if I would have her go to preschool already if she wasn't falling more and more behind.
Today marks 6 weeks with NO seizures! Can you believe it?? I hardly can! I think the last time she went this long was when she first started having seizures, 2 years ago. I am so happy!! With all of the helicopter trips I was beginning to wonder how we could keep this up, but we are doing so much better now. We appreciate all of your prayers and know the Lord is watching over us. We have been blessed with such a special, sweet girl.

12 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am happy to hear that all is well! She looks so darling with her back pack! And she gets to ride the school bus lucky, I think Addy would have loved that.

*Amy * said...

We sure hope the seizures stay away for good! She is such a beautiful little girl! Glad you got a vacation, you certainly deserved one!

Jamon Clark said...

Thanks for the blogosphere invite...and congrats on the move. Jamon & Rachel Clark familyofclark.blogspot.com

Bec said...

Who DOESN'T love a pink bagpack? I certainly do! Tell Kaybri that now I want one, too. :) She looks so cute and ready for school. And let me tell you... I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled about the no-seizures thing. I hope they never come back!

Missy said...

She's Cambree's age and gets to go to school?! I would LOVE that! But the whole bus thing would be a little scary! Glad she's doing so good! She looks so cute!

Dramatic Imaging said...

Oh Cassie, I have tears. How nice of you to tell me I am doing a good job. I just don't know how you guys have survived. You guys are our heros and every time I think of you I feel like I need to stop my whining! I am sooooo happy to hear about the 6 weeks without seizures! Amazing! It has to be all the faith and prayers and love of the Lord. We continue to pray and give thanks for her being healthy. Love you!

Jen said...

She is so beautiful! I am glad that things are going better for her right now. I bet she loves preschool! Audrie wishes she had it every day instead of 2x a week. Some days I do too :)

My family Begins said...

I am sure that Kaybri will enjoy making new friends. Dang, she is so cute.

Bec said...

Your page looks awesome. Way to (digitally) scrapbook! :) 'Hope all is well with you still. Love ya!

S and M said...

She looks so grown up with that backpack. I'm glad to hear 6-wk no seizures! Hope it continues that way.

Brynn P. said...

School already? Our kids are growing too fast! She looks so cute and I'm glad to hear things are going good! We miss you guys!

happy mom said...

I bet she will love it, and it will be nice for you too, even if hard. wow it really sounds like things are great, that is so good for you all!