Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Makeup Madness

Kaybri loves to sit by me and watch me put on my makeup. She will usually ask me to do her "eyes" and I will pretend like I'm putting makeup on her, or I will give her a blush or eyeshadow brush (with nothing on it) and she can do her own. I used to be able to leave my makeup bag out on top of the vanity or at least put it underneath the bench and the kids would leave it alone. However, Kaybri has developed a little obsession with putting the makeup on and too many times I've discovered her playing in it. She often will have eyeshadow across her cheeks and eyes and mascara not only on her eyelashes, but above and below as well. I only use waterproof mascara, and that does not come off so well, so there were a few days where she walked around with black eyes. Yes, I have learned my lesson and my makeup goes up high on a shelf now....along with everything else they aren't supposed to touch (I probably could use a few more shelves). Also, anytime Kaybri gets a pen she will often start trying to put it on her eye like eyeliner, and I've noticed when she's come home from preschool she has had a little bit of the watercolor paints on her eyes...she must have thought that was makeup too. We never paint at our house (I guess I need to) so I'm sure when she saw the paint brush she thought it was for makeup, I wonder what her teacher thought.
I did say I learned my lesson, but my kids are pretty sneaky. They will come up behind me and snitch it out of my bag when I'm putting my makeup on. They must know it irritates me and makes me mad, because they try to do it all the time. Paxton has even learned how to use mascara! And no, I never pretended to put it on him. He just wanted to be like mom and sister.

11 comments:

S and M said...

That's funny! Madyson gets into mine. Hopefully by now she knows not too, but I wouldn't count on it.

Karli said...

Glad you captured these "priceless" moments on camera. It'll be hilarious later :)

Meghan said...

That is so hilarious! I am sure that Pax will be so glad you took that picture when he gets older!

Missy said...

That's so cute!! You've got pictures of both kids doing that! Love it!

Lamar Echols said...

There's nothing like a girlie boy. He definitely takes after his Dad. J/K. Danae has the same problem with our kids.

Brynn P. said...

That's too cute! I have the same problem!!!

I think there is some kind of law that states "if your home has not sold after 4 months, you have to move back in"!! So does this mean you'll be back soon? jk! I WISH!

Kellye said...

So funny!! Tate gets into my makeup too! Jordan doesn't like that too much!! Kaybri is getting big, and looking so much like you! Lucky her!

The Lamb's said...

Cute! miss those faces! We miss you - Utah is not the same without you.
Have a fun Sunday.

Tooele Brezoff said...

Natalie is my make up girl. She got in to my moms once and just went to town! Gotta love this stage!

Tooele Brezoff said...

Cassie
I have a question for you about the costume you made last year. Please email me lbrezoff@gmail.com
Thanks so much!
What did you use for the base?

Bec said...

Hey- I got your phone call on my birthday. Sorry I haven't called you back. Life has been crazy. Derek's gpa died, so lots of family came into town, and we traveled a few hours away, did the whole (not-such-a-success) hotel thing, etc. So life is better now. But anyway- your call was sweet and made my day. Thank you! Love you!!!